St. Canice’s Credit Union Student Scholarship Draw
St. Canice’s Credit Union has created a Scholarship Fund to assist students in their quest for further education and is awarding FIVE SCHOLARSHIPS to the value of €3,000 each based on certain criteria.
Yes, that’s €15,000 worth of scholarships.
The scholarships are exclusive to St. Canice’s Credit Union members to assist them with their chosen education path and applications are invited from members who are currently attending or commencing training or educational courses.
The draw is not based on academic results which means that all entries have a fair chance of winning.
We believe that through education, we are investing in our youth who will go on to lead our community and help make the world a better place.
The Scholarship Draw is open to any student who…
- Is a member of St. Canice’s Credit Union and has a St. Canice’s Credit Union current Account and Debit Card.
These are both free for all students aged 16 – 25 years of age.
- Is over 16 years of age and has completed their Leaving Cert.
- Is attending or commencing a full time course of at least two years duration with an education body that is recognised by the Department of Education.
Interested? Here’s how to get started
If you are not a member, you must be eligible for membership and join St. Canice’s Credit Union before the closing date.
Complete the attached Scholarship Draw Application Form before close of business on September 30th this year.
The opening date for receipt of applications is 1st July.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th September.
Terms & Conditions
- Applicant must be a member of St. Canice’s Credit Union and have a St. Canice’s Credit Union Current Account and Debit Card.
- Applications will be accepted from students who are commencing or have already commenced their course.
- The Credit Union will only accept applications for full time courses of at least two years duration.
- One application per student is permitted to be entered into the draw.
- The winning students will receive their scholarship payment in two instalments of €1,500, one instalment in October and the second instalment the following January.
- Payment of the first scholarship instalment will be made on condition that the winning student has been accepted on an eligible course and proof of acceptance will be required.
- Credit Union officers, volunteers and their immediate and extended family members are eligible to enter the Scholarship Draw.
- The Scholarship Draw will be overseen by an independent observer.
- Payment of the second instalment will be dependent on the winning student maintaining satisfactory progress in their chosen course and proof will be required.
- The names of the winning students will be made public.
- Those awarded a scholarship may not enter the draw in subsequent years.
- The Board of Directors of St. Canice’s Credit Union reserves the right to alter any of these terms and conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- The Scholarship will be lodged into the winning student’s St. Canice’s Credit Union Account.
- In applying for the Scholarship Draw, you are agreeing to participate in promotional activities such as photo opportunities or videos arranged by St. Canice’s Credit Union, you are also agreeing to your name and photo as the winner of the Scholarship being used across our social media and press media outlets.
- The decision of the Board of Directors of St. Canice’s Credit Union will be final on all matters relating to this draw.