Why save with St. Canice’s?
Top Nine Reasons
- Easy Access
- You have easy access to your savings. You can withdraw some or all of your money whenever you want (provided they’re not pledged as security for a loan).
- Savings Guarantee
- Your savings are fully secure and are protected by the Irish Deposit Guarantee Scheme. All members can save up to a maximum of €100,000.
- Competitive Dividend
- Each year, any surplus income generated is returned to you as a dividend and/or reinvested to improve our services. Every share you hold for is eligible to receive a dividend. This means, the more shares you hold, the greater your dividend.
- No Fees
- There are no transaction fees or hidden charges on savings (or loan) accounts.
- Free Life Savings Insurance
- Savings are insured at no direct cost to each eligible member. The insurance is paid in addition to the savings you hold at the time of your death.
- Member Owned
- St. Canice’s Credit Union is a member owned community based co-operative that exists only for the good of the people of Kilkenny, Carlow and Laois.
- Community Organisation
- As well as contributing to the financial health of our members through savings and loans, the Credit Union is also involved in a huge range of community organisations and events.
- Democratic Body
- As a member you enjoy equal voting rights (one member, one vote) and are eligible to participate in decisions affecting the credit union.
- Pay It Forward
- Finally, you have the added bonus of knowing that your savings are put to good use and made available to fellow members in the form of loans.
Each Member can save up to €100,000.