Why save with St. Canice’s?
Top Nine Reasons
- Easy Access
- You have easy access to your savings. You can withdraw some or all of your money whenever you want (provided they’re not pledged as security for a loan).
- Savings Guarantee
- Your savings are fully secure and are protected by the Irish Deposit Guarantee Scheme. Existing members can save up to a maximum of €30,000 and new members (effective from 1st June 2021) can save up to a maximum of €15,000.
- Competitive Dividend
- Each year, any surplus income generated is returned to you as a dividend and/or reinvested to improve our services. Every share you hold for is eligible to receive a dividend. This means, the more shares you hold, the greater your dividend.
- No Fees
- There are no transaction fees or hidden charges on savings (or loan) accounts.
- Free Life Savings Insurance
- Savings are insured at no direct cost to each eligible member. The insurance is paid in addition to the savings you hold at the time of your death.
- Member Owned
- St. Canice’s Credit Union is a member owned community based co-operative that exists only for the good of the people of Kilkenny, Tipperary and Laois.
- Community Organisation
- As well as contributing to the financial health of our members through savings and loans, the Credit Union is also involved in a huge range of community organisations and events.
- Democratic Body
- As a member you enjoy equal voting rights (one member, one vote) and are eligible to participate in decisions affecting the credit union.
- Pay It Forward
- Finally, you have the added bonus of knowing that your savings are put to good use and made available to fellow members in the form of loans.
We currently have a savings cap of €30,000 in place for existing members and of €15,000 for anyone who joins from Jan 2022.