Please review the steps below before completing your online membership application:
- Review the common bond below in Step 1 of the form to clarify your eligibility for membership, ineligible applications will be declined for membership.
- Applications via digital onboarding are solely for individual applicants (not joint accounts) of 16 years of age and over.
- People wishing to open joint accounts and Minor Members aged 15 & under must join in their local branch.
- Ensure you complete all sections of the application, as incomplete fields will delay in processing your application.
- Please note you can save your application and complete it any time within 14 days. Please ensure you take note of the reference number (e.g. Screenshot), as this will be required to add additional information and complete the application.
- Upload Documents: Missing documents will delay the processing of your application, please note the following steps to upload documents.
- Effective from 1st June 2021, new members can save up to a maximum of €15,000 in their St. Canice’s Credit Union Account.
Step 1: Verify Your Identity
Upload a headshot photo of yourself facing the camera. Please name the file “Snapshot” before uploading.
Upload your ID document e.g. valid Passport or Driving Licence. Please ensure that your signature is visible on the image uploaded.
Please note: Valid means document must be current and in date.
Please name the file “Photo ID” before uploading.
Step 2: Evidence of Address Verification
Upload your proof of address document e.g. recent utility bill, bank statement or government issued document.
Please note the document must be addressed to you and be clearly dated within the last 6 months.
Please name the file “Proof of Address” before uploading.
Please Note: we only require the top of the document where it shows the issuing body, your name and address and the date. Please remove or cover over any other information on the document before uploading.
Step 3: Proof of PPSN
Upload your proof of PPSN. Examples of documents accepted: P60, Payslip, Medical Card, Drug Payment Scheme Card, Letter from a government department.
Please Note: we only require the top of the document where it shows the issuing body, your name and address and your PPSN. Please remove or cover over any other information on the document before uploading.
Once your membership is approved, you need to lodge €5 to your account within 7 days and maintain that minimum balance to retain your membership. This lodgement can be done online, by phone or in branch.
You will receive a call from our membership team after completing your application to explain everything and to answer any questions you may have.