Loan rates that decrease as your project costs increase.
Whether you intend to build an extension, convert the attic, get a new kitchen or bathroom, fix that leaky roof or revamp your garden; we have a Home Improvement Loan rate to suit you.
Small Home Improvement Loans for projects up to €9,999 are at our standard personal loan interest rate of 9.9% (APR 10.4%). Term up to 5 years
Large Home Improvement Loans for projects between €10,000 and €24,999 are at a special reduced rate of 8.2% (APR 8.5%). Term up to 5 years
Great Rate Loan for projects between €25,000 and €75,000 are at the Great Rate of 6.2% (APR 6.38%). Term 5 – 10 years
If you have no mortgage on your home, you can take out a secured loan for home improvements for projects between €30,000 and €350,000. This secured loan will require a legal 1st charge on the property and would be classified as a Mortgage (4.9% nominal rate – APR 5%)
|Up to €9,999 (unsecured)||9.9%||10.36%||€5,000 over 3 years would have|
36 monthly repayments of €161.12
Total interest: €799.60
Total amount repayable: €5,799.60
|between €10,000 – €24,999 (unsecured)||8.2%||8.51%||€20,000 over 5 years would have|
60 monthly repayments of €407.46
Total interest: €4,444.72
Total amount repayable: €24,444.72
|between €25,0000 – €75,000 (unsecured)||6.2%||6.38%||€50,000 over 8 years would have|
96 monthly repayments of €661.97
Total interest: €13,542.50
Total amount repayable: €63,542.50
rates correct as at January 2020.
Here’s what makes our Home Improvement Loans up to €75,000 different:
- Loans are insured by the Credit Union’s Loan Protection Insurance at no extra cost. This gives you the comfort of knowing that your family will not be left with the burden of loan repayments in the event of you passing away.
- No stipulation to have a CU current account, repay from a CU current account or have your wages paid directly to your CU account.
- No administration fees or hidden charges.
- Interest is charged on your reducing loan balance so your repayments are based on what is actually outstanding.
- Cashback on your loan interest paid is a possibility – if there is a CU surplus available at the end of the financial year & approved at AGM, we will apply it to Home Improvement Loans up to €75,000, further reducing the interest rate you pay.
Interested? Here’s how to get started
If you would like to apply, simply
- call us on 056 7722042
- drop in to your nearest St. Canice’s Credit Union branch – we have 10
- email email@example.com
- fill out our quick Loan Enquiry Form
- terms & conditions apply
- loans are subject to approval
If you’re not yet a member and would like to find out how to join simply get in touch about becoming a member and we’ll take it from there.