Community Energy Loan – Upgrade the energy rating of your home and save!
This Community Energy Loan Scheme is supported by SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland) in partnership with REIL (Retrofit Energy Ireland Ltd.) and is only available for houses built before 2006.
Special Low Loan Rate of 6.4% (6.6% APR variable) for a limited time only.
You could insulate the roof or walls, upgrading the heating, get a new boiler or make a number of other recommended energy saving improvements.
All retrofit energy works must be completed by Friday 29th September 2017.
Here are some of the benefits of the Community Energy Loan Scheme:
- Special discounted loan rate of 6.4% (6.6% APR variable)
- Quality workmanship guaranteed as completed works inspected by REIL and SEAI
- Grant on the cost of energy upgrade works of 35% available
- No paperwork headaches as administration is all completed by REIL
The Loan Calculator will help you assess repayments.
- Make your home cosy and warm for winter now
- Save on your fuel bills in the future
- Interest is charged on the reducing loan balance
- No energy audit, arrangement or documentation fees
- No penalties for paying the loan off early
- Eligible members get free Loan Protection Insurance
Interested? It’s a simple process:
Pick up or download an Expression of Interest Form.
Complete your Expression of Interest Form.
Return your Expression of Interest form to St. Canice’s Credit Union. Do this by;
- Emailing it to email@example.com
- Drop it into any of our 10 branches. Click on Opening-hours for details.
- Fill out the quick ‘Loan Enquiry Form’ and we’ll email you a form very quickly
If you’re not already a member, get in touch about becoming a member and we’ll take it from there.
You can borrow up to €50,000.
So, for example if your home would benefit from a new stove, attic insulation or perhaps a new front door and that would all cost around €5,000, you will get a grant of €1,750. This means that you would only need a loan of *€3,250, which over 3 years would have weekly repayments of €23.00. The total interest payable on the loan would be €325.40 and the total amount repayable would be €3,575.40. This variable rate is correct as at 7th April 2017 and is subject to change.