Expression of Interest for Member Death Benefit Insurance
Pay €52 per year per member. (This payment is collected automatically by St. Canice’s Credit Union directly from your account each year).
€2,500 is paid to your family in the event of your death.
Who Can Apply
Available to all members who have joined St. Canice’s Credit Union before their 71st Birthday.
Existing members over 71 years, have until 1st April 2021 to join the programme.
However we plan, we don’t always get time to prepare for the unexpected. Life is fragile.
St. Canice’s Credit Union Member Death Benefit Insurance Scheme can help your loved ones with the financial expenses in the event of your death.
> Our new Member Death Benefit Insurance provides peace of mind for you and your family in one easy quick step.
> To qualify for Member Death Benefit Insurance, you must be a member.
> You are guaranteed acceptance into the scheme, once you are a member under the age of 71 years of age. A medical assessment is not required.*
How It Works
> Pay €52 per year per member. (This payment is deducted automatically by St. Canice’s Credit Union directly from your account each year).
> €2,500 will be paid towards your funeral expenses in the event of your death.
> Available to all members who have joined St. Canice’s Credit Union before their 71st Birthday. Existing members over 71 years, have until 1st April 2021 to join the scheme.
> Complete and return the ‘Opt In DBI Authorisation Form’.
*A pre-existing medical condition limitation applies to this Scheme. This means that cover is not provided if a member were to die from a pre-existing medical condition during the first six months of their membership of the programme. Terms and conditions apply.
St. Canice’s Kilkenny Credit Union Ltd. Member Death Benefit Insurance is a group policy of the credit union and open to participation by members, subject to eligibility criteria outlined in the Key Facts & Summary provided by on our website, in any branch or can be requested by post at any time.
The Scheme is arranged, on behalf of St. Canice’s Kilkenny Credit Union Ltd. by CUNA Mutual Group Services (Ireland) Ltd. which is regulated by the Central Bank
The policy is underwritten by Utmost Pan Europe dac which is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland.
The details provided in the application form together with any other information that is furnished to us in connection with an application will be retained and processed by St. Canice’s Credit Union in accordance with our privacy statement which is available on our website www.stcanicescu.ie or in any branch.
Terms and Conditions
• You must be a member of St. Canice’s Credit Union to be eligible to join the Member Death Benefit Insurance Scheme.
• You must have read and understood the Key Facts & Policy Summary which are available on our website, in branch or can be requested by post at anytime.
• You must undertake to have sufficient funds in your credit union account to pay for the annual fee attaching to the provision of this Insurance cover and your inclusion in the Insurance Scheme.
• This is an Insurance that will auto renew on an annual basis and the attaching fee will be deducted from your credit union account on this basis.
• The benefits and costs of this Insurance may be varied annually but you will be informed of any such changes or updates through the Credit Union’s website www.stcanicescu.ie, or by other means as agreed by St. Canice’s Credit Union’s Board of Directors.
• This scheme goes live on the 1st April 2021 and this is the first cut off point for enrolment and 9/12ths of the premium will be deducted from your account. Enrolment is possible for all eligible members on a quarterly basis thereafter, at a pro rata cost.
• Should you wish to opt–out or cancel your participation in the Member Death Benefit Insurance Scheme, you must inform St. Canice’s Credit Union in writing of your decision by completing the Member Death Benefit Insurance Scheme cessation form.
• Your participation in the Insurance Scheme will automatically stop should you cease to be a member of St. Canice’s Credit Union or if there are insufficient funds in your account to cover the annual cost of your fee.
• The insurer can opt to terminate the Insurance and cover at the end of each Insurance period.
• The information you provide to St. Canice’s Credit Union must be correct and you must provide your consent to this information being shared with CUNA Mutual and its insurers, for the purpose of your membership of the Member Death Benefit Insurance Scheme.