Data protection is a matter of trust and your trust is very important to us. The protection, lawful collection, processing and use of your personal data is therefore an important concern for us. In setting out our Data Protection Statement, we have used a layered approach to try to ensure you can find the information that you need about the processing activities relevant to your interaction with us.
Please read this information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding the Personal Data we collect and how we will treat it.
St. Canice’s Credit Union Summary Data Protection Statement
Here is a brief summary of our Data Protection Statement.
We are St. Canice’s Credit Union.
You can find us at:
“Personal Data” means data which identifies a person or could identify a person, such as their name, contact details and financial data. It applies to Personal Data that we process in connection with your relationship with us as a member, supplier, partner, investor, visitor to our Website or prospective employee.
Every individual has a right to understand how their Personal Data is being used and to exercise control over it using rights which are set out in law under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
As a member-owned and cooperative institution St. Canice’s Credit Union strives to provides a safe place for our members to save and borrow at reasonable rates. We extend our ethos to protecting your personal information. We make the following commitments. We will
- process your personal information in a lawful, fair and transparent manner
- not send you marketing emails if you do not want to receive them
- always ensure that we only share your Personal Data with third parties where necessary and only after thorough third-party due diligence
- ensure appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your Personal Data and keep it secure
Our Data Protection Statement seeks to ensure that you know:
- what Personal Data we collect from you
- what we are doing with your Personal Data
- that we will only use your Personal Data for the purposes set out in our Data Protection Statement
- your rights, and how to exercise control over your Personal Data
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the country where you reside, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of Personal Data infringes the GDPR.
The contact details for the Data Protection Commission (DPC) in Ireland are:
Online Form: https://forms.dataprotection.ie/contact
Address: 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland
Tel: +353 578 684 800 or +353 761 104 800
We will communicate any material changes to our Data Protection Statement.
St. Canice Credit Union – Updated 05.09.2020