Community Connect Fund: As well as contributing to the financial health of our members through savings and loans, the Credit Union is also involved in a huge range of community organisations and events. We have a longstanding reputation for being actively involved in the community we serve and are uniquely positioned to support community development through investing in community projects.
A special fund of €250,000 was created for 2022. The purpose of this fund was to allow the Credit Union to make a significant contribution to community based initiatives within our common bond areas; Bagenalstown, Ballingarry, Ballyragget, Callan, Dunnamaggin, Durrow, Graignamanagh, Kilkenny City, Mountrath, Piltown and Rathdowney.
See the FULL LIST of local groups who have benefitted in your area
The Community Connect Fund application categories are: social, cultural and charitable purposes including community development. The Community Connect fund compliments our other community sponsorship initiatives and is aimed at significant projects that will add long term benefit to the community.
The outcome of the proposed project will be visible and sustainable over a significant period of time.Funding is awarded to groups/clubs/entities and not to individual people. We are so thrilled to be able to support these tremendous causes, keep an eye on our social media channels to see more detail on some of the fantastic projects we’ve supported all thanks to you, our members who continue to choose St. Canice’s Credit Union as your financial services provider.
The following community groups & clubs have benefited from our Community Connect Fund in previous years;
* Muckalee Community Crèche, Clonrinka, Ballyfoyle, Kilkenny.
* L’Arche Kilkenny, Callan, Co. Kilkenny.
* Freebooters Football Club, Kilkenny.
* St. Patrick’s Boxing Club, Kilkenny.
* Ballykeeffe Amphitheatre, Kilkenny.
* Bagenalstown GAA Club, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
* Community Radio Kilkenny, Kilkenny.
* Camross Parish Development Association, Mountrath, Co.Laois.
* Windgap Community Development Ltd.
* Butler Gallery, Evan’s Home.
* The ACORN project.