Christmas Cracker Savings Account
Kids are back at school now, so thoughts move to mid-term; Halloween and of course Christmas is just around the corner. Almost 400 members opened a Christmas Cracker Savings account when it was launched last January. For those that did not; now is a good time to start one up.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS ……
- Lodge money to your Christmas Cracker Savings Account through payroll deduction, by direct debit, cash payments or have your children’s allowance payments directed to this account.
- This account will be separate from all other credit union accounts you may hold.
- You can get a new Christmas Cracker Savings Book.
- Savings can be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time, but we encourage members not to do so until the “payout date” in mid November; on that date all funds held in your Christmas Cracker Savings Account can be withdrawn in cash or be forwarded to you by electronic funds transfer or cheque. Withdrawals before November require Supervisor approval.
- Christmas Cracker Savings cannot be held as security against a loan but you can top up your savings with a Christmas loan.
- Your Christmas Savings Account will not be closed following the “payout date” and you can continue to save for the following Christmas.
- You will still earn any potential dividend on your savings over the year.
HOW DO I OPEN A CHRISTMAS CRACKER SAVINGS ACCOUNT?
If you are already a member, just ask at the counter in any of our 10 branches to open a new Christmas Cracker Savings Account or call our Member Service Centre on 056 7722042 and they can set it up for you.
You will need to inform us of how much and what method you wish to save; over the counter or by electronic transfer.
If you are not yet a member & you work or live in our common bond catchment area just call in person to any of our offices with your photo ID, proof of address (dated within the last 6 months) and your PPS number (on official documentation) and a member of staff will go through the application process with you.