Scholarship Draw – Announcement for 2023
****APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED**** WINNERS ANNOUNCED SHORTLY
16 WINNERS WANTED…. Enter to Win a €1,000 Scholarship for Your Education
We are thrilled to announce our new Scholarship Draw for the academic year 2022/2023. We understand the challenges that young people face in pursuing further education and we’re proud to support our members and their families in achieving their academic goals.
This year, we will be awarding 16 Scholarships, each valued at €1,000. One scholarship will be awarded to a 6th year student in each of the 15 secondary schools in our branch areas who are going on to further education in the Autumn of 2023.
We also have an additional category for our Leaving Cert student members who are not in any of the 15 schools in our branch areas or who sat their Leaving Cert before 2023 but are going on to third level education for the first time this year. One student from this category will also win €1,000 to support their academic pursuits.
As our Scholarship Draw is not based on academic results, it means that all entries have a fair chance of winning and the closing date for receipt of entries is 8pm on 30th September 2023. Winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
To be eligible to enter our Scholarship Draw, students must be members of St. Canice’s Credit Union and must be going on to a full time third level course of at least 2 years duration. The draw is open to all qualifying student members in our branch areas, regardless of which school they attended. There will be one winner from each school + the “other school” category.
We believe that investing in education is essential to building strong vibrant communities. That’s why we’re proud to offer this Scholarship Draw to support members and their families. By encouraging young people in our community to pursue further education and achieve their goals, we’re helping to build a brighter future for all of us.
To find out what you need and how to open an account to become a member of St. Canice’s Credit Union, click here.
If you have any questions about the Scholarship Draw please do not hesitate to contact us. To find out about student loans, current accounts (which are free for students) or any other service visit our website: stcanicescu.ie
The Scholarship Draw is open to any student who is…
- A member of St. Canice’s Credit Union.
- Over 16 years of age and has completed their Leaving Cert.
- Commencing (for the first time) a third level full time course of at least two years duration with an education body that is recognised by the Department of Education.
Interested? Here’s how to get started
If you are not a member, you must be eligible for membership and open your account with St. Canice’s Credit Union before the closing date – 8pm on 30th September 2023.
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants must be members of St. Canice’s Credit Union.
- Applications will be accepted from students who are commencing college/university for the first time.
- The Credit Union will only accept applications for full time courses of at least two years duration.
- One entry only per student is allowed.
- Payment of the scholarship prize of €1,000 will be made on condition that the winning student has been accepted on an eligible course and proof of acceptance will be required.
- Credit Union officers, volunteers and their immediate and extended family members are eligible to enter the Scholarship Draw.
- The Scholarship Draw will be overseen by an independent observer.
- The names of the winning students will be made public.
- Those awarded a scholarship may not enter the draw in subsequent years.
- The Board of Directors of St. Canice’s Credit Union reserves the right to alter any of these terms and conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- Winning entrants must provide evidence of acceptance and attendance of the first year in a full time third level course.
- The scholarship prize of €1,000 will be lodged into the winning student’s St. Canice’s Credit Union Account.
- In entering the Scholarship Draw, winning students are agreeing to participate in promotional activities such as photo opportunities or videos arranged by St. Canice’s Credit Union, and are also agreeing to their name and photo being used across our social media and press media outlets.
- The decision of the Board of Directors of St. Canice’s Credit Union will be final on all matters relating to this draw.
- If there are no entries from any particular school, that school’s prize of €1,000 is non transferable.
Entries into the draw will be accepted via our Online Scholarship Draw Entry Form 2023 only and the closing date for receipt of entries is 30th September 2023 at 8pm.
- Niamh Morrissey, Ballyragget, Co Kilkenny
- Anna Phelan, Co Laois
- Diarmuid O’ Neill, Bagenalstown, Co Carlow
- Cliona Dunne, Co Kilkenny
- Alice Byrne, Co. Kilkenny