Community Connect Fund: As well as contributing to the financial health of our members through savings and loans, the Credit Union is also involved in a huge range of community organisations and events. We have a longstanding reputation for being actively involved in the community we serve and are uniquely positioned to support community development through investing in community projects.
Our members have created a special fund of €200,000, the purpose of which is to allow the Credit Union to make a significant contribution to community based initiatives within the common bond of Bagenalstown, Ballingarry, Ballyragget, Callan, Dunnamaggin, Durrow, Graignamanagh, Kilkenny, Mountrath, Piltown and Rathdowney.
The Community Connect Fund application categories are: social, cultural and charitable purposes including community development. The Community Connect fund compliments our other community sponsorship initiatives and is aimed at significant projects that will add long term benefit to the community.
Such projects must have an overall budget of at least €15,000 and must be located within our common bond and should reflect the ethos and values of St. Canice’s CU and the Credit Union movement.
Funding Applications should fulfil a recognised need and benefit to the community at large as well as be relevant to the majority of the St. Canice’s Credit Union membership.
The outcome of the proposed project should be visible and sustainable over a significant period of time, minimum 5 years.
Funding will be awarded to groups/clubs/entities and not to individual people.
The following community groups & clubs have benefited from our Community Connect Fund;
* Muckalee Community Crèche, Clonrinka, Ballyfoyle, Kilkenny.
* L’Arche Kilkenny, Callan, Co. Kilkenny.
* Freebooters Football Club, Kilkenny.
* St. Patrick’s Boxing Club, Kilkenny.
* Ballykeeffe Amphitheatre, Kilkenny.
* Bagenalstown GAA Club, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
* Community Radio Kilkenny, Kilkenny.
* Camross Parish Development Association, Mountrath, Co.Laois.
* Windgap Community Development Ltd.
* Butler Gallery, Evan’s Home.
* KREE Ltd. – Kells Region Economic Enterprise Ltd.