Back To School Costs 2017
- One in four parents will have to deny their children some basic school items this year as they continue to struggle to fund the back to school spend.
- The average return to school spend continues to increase and has now reached €1,209 per child – up from €1,185 last year (2% rise).
- More than a quarter say the costs will negatively impact household bills.
- Almost three quarters of parents continue to see the back to school spend as a financial burden, despite a 9% drop in the numbers getting into debt.
- A substantial two thirds say they will buy foreign goods over Irish produced goods if it means cutting costs.
- Tesco has overtaken Dunnes Stores as the preferred shop for back to school supplies and uniforms.
- Read full Report
Share this article